Wednesday, December 16, 2009

learning vs innovation

I am sure most of you might have got the chance to build your resume someday in your life. It doesn't matter if you are from engineering background, medical or may be any other respected field, one sentence which is commonly used by all of us despite of our backgrounds and education is that "I am a good learner". Now, I don't have any serious issues with this sentence because I myself have used it many times in my resume also but most of the time by copying from the web or from resume of my friends. The problem is that instead of saying that I am good in learning, shouldn't we come up with a sentence like we are good in innovation. Why, we indians always try to learn the things rather than inventing what we need ourselves. I mean just take an example of Microsoft people sitting over there creates a new technology .net and then NIIT in india launches a nationwide course for that.  Why should I learn .net so that at the end of course I should know that Sun has launched java for me. The problem is not in the IT industry only. We lacks innovation almost everywhere. Why can't we try to come up with our own medicine for swine flu rather than waiting for US to come up with the therapy and then our so called lab technicians are going to learn about that to develop one in india. Why do we need to send our research papers to US to get an approval of anything if we come up with. If we have a problem in our own country, why can't we come up with a solution ourselves or at least respect the people who are trying. The question is to find out the meaning of education here. Is it learning new things only or we are just taught in a way to cram as much as possible to increase our chances of getting a good job. God knows, I m still confused.

4 comments:

  1. I thought, I tried (not very hard I'll admit) nd now I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This attitude of ours can best be attributed to the centuries of slavery we Indians have been through, and to the basic fact, that the privileged ones amongst ourselves (read the policy-makers) have either spared no genuine thought, or not taken a single step to eradicate this slavery which we've assimilated so deep within our social psyche!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tondon Sahi bol raha hai bawa...... main to dhadi confuse hoon. Aur tu yahaan tak kaise pahuncha...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gurkha mentality....i need a shaab and a mem shaab to tell me what to do :) thats it. nothing more tham that

    ReplyDelete